Navigator of Ignorance

Private Blog for Eroticizing Intelligence

Dienstag, März 23, 2004

Do U Tooth?


Als Besitzer eines uralt Handys ohne Bluetooth und ähnlichen Schmankerln stehe ich solchen Entwicklungen fassungslos gegenüber ;-)

And now comes "toothing," where strangers on trains and buses and at bars and concerts hook up for clandestine sex by text messaging each other with their Bluetooth-enabled cell phones or PDAs.

Auch wenn sich die Erzählungen anhören wie das Skript zu einem schlechten Pron Movie, zeigt sich einmal mehr wie wichtig der Faktor Sex bei der Etablierung neuer Technologien ist.

Steve's introduction to toothing was similar. He had just bought himself a new mobile phone when he was pinged by someone on his commuter line. "Bored? Talk to me," the message read.
"I thought it was some kind of SMS spam," says Steve. "I was messing with the phone's settings, trying to work out what to do when I got the second message, 'I can see you struggling. Meet me in the toilet and I'll show you what to do.'"
Intrigued, he says, he did as bid.
"It was unlocked," he remembers. "A girl was ... in there with her shirt undone. 'This beats the crossword,' she said. And we took it from there."


Wired News: Brits Going at It Tooth and Nail